1 cup California raisins
1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives (drained)
2/3 tablespoon walnuts
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 large whole grain pita bread (approximately 16 wedges or melba rounds)
- Place tapenade ingredients in food processor.
- Run until raisins, olives, and walnuts are finely chopped.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- Serve with melba rounds or pita wedges.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of 100% apple juice and hummus with cucumber slices and carrot or celery sticks.
Tips on Raisins:
– Raisins are fat- and cholesterol-free, naturally low in sodium, and loaded with antioxidants.
– Just 1/4 cup of raisins is equivalent to 1/2 cup of fruit.
– Raisins are the most economical fruit per serving.