1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions (medium, chopped)
2 carrots (medium, chopped)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 cup tomato puree (canned)
5 cups chicken or vegetable broth, low-sodium
4 cups winter squash (cooked)
1 1/2 tablespoons oregano (dried)
1 1/2 tablespoons basil (dried)
1. In a large saucepan, warm oil over medium heat.
2. Stir in onions, carrots and garlic.
3. Cook for about 5 minutes, covered.
4. Stir in the tomato puree, chicken broth, cooked squash, and herbs.
5. Bring soup to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
Learn more about: