5 tablespoons tomato paste
1/3 tablespoon ketchup
2 teaspoons honey
1/3 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons white vinegar
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/8 teaspoon ginger (grated)
1 1/2 pounds chicken (skinless breasts, drumsticks)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on large platter and brush with half the sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap from chicken. Place chicken on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Remove from broiler and add remaining sauce to chicken. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.