2 cups carrots, cut into 2 inch sticks
1 1/2 cups squash, cut into 2 inch sticks
1 teaspoon vinegar
1/8 cup vegetable or chicken broth, low-sodium
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon or spicy mustard
- Wash, peel and cut carrots. Wash and cut up squash.
- Combine carrots and broth in saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes.
- Add squash and cook 5 more minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add more broth, if necessary, to keep from burning.
- Stir vinegar, brown sugar and mustard into vegetables.
- Cook for a few minutes over medium heat until most of the liquid cooks off.
Try this recipe without brown sugar.
Learn more about:
– Summer Squash