4 6″ flour tortillas
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms (white button or baby Portobello)
1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced, about 1 cup)
1 red onion (thinly sliced, about 1 cup)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
1/2 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place tortillas on 2 large baking sheets.
- Cook, flipping once, until crisp, about 10 minutes, set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, peppers, onions, and garlic.
- Cook until all vegetables are soft and tender, about 10 minutes, set aside.
- Spread tortilla crust with 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 1/4 cup vegetable mixture, 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese and 1/2 tsp of Parmesan cheese; repeat with remaining crusts and topping ingredients.
- Transfer pizzas to same baking sheets.
- Cook until cheese is melted and edges of tortillas are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
MyPlate Tip: Personalized pizzas. Set up a pizza-making station in the kitchen. Use low-fat cheese and cut up vegetables or fruits for toppings. Let kids choose their own favorites then pop pizzas into the oven to cook.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with Avocado and Grapefruit Salad for a surprisingly refreshing meal.