1 cup whole milk
1 cup water
1 cup rice, uncooked
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In sauce pan, heat milk and water.
- Add rice, bring to boil, lower heat to simmer; stir mixture every 10 minutes. Cook uncovered until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, 3/4 cup evaporated milk, vanilla, and sugar. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk to rice mixture.
- Spoon 1 cup of rice mixture into egg mixture and stir. Pour egg-rice mixture into remaining rice.
- Heat pudding until it boils, stirring continuously. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cinnamon.