6 cups potatoes
2 tablespoons margarine
1 cup onions, sliced
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups whole milk
- Wash potatoes; peel and slice into thin slices.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of margarine in heavy, deep skillet. Remove skillet from heat; spread half of potato slices in skillet.
- Cover potatoes with onions. Sprinkle half of flour and pepper over potato mixture.
- Add remaining potato slices, flour, and pepper. Cut 1 tablespoon of margarine into small pieces and place on top of potato mixture.
- Pour milk over potato mixture; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Leave potato skins on for more nutrition!
Learn more about: