Think you hate radishes? Think again.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 to 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small orange or tangerine, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, scrubbed or peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Put the spring mix, radishes, orange or tangerine, and cucumber in the large bowl and toss well. (“toss” means to mix together lightly.)
Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and toss again.
Serve right away.
DID YOU KNOW?
Radishes can be white, red, or purple, round or carrot-shaped. There’s even a multi-colored radish called an Easter Egg radish!