1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1/3 cup minced onion
1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
3 tablespoons real bacon bits or pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish.
- Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic).
- Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave.
- Use oven mitts or a towel to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build up and let cool.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowel with remaining ingredients; stir and mix well.
This salad may be served right away, but is best if refrigerated for at least one hour to allow flavors to blend.