12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup water
4 medium russet potatoes (about 6 oz each)
9 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup non-fat milk
1/4 cup fat-reduced sour cream
2 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 green onions
2 medium tomatoes
4 celery stalks
- Center oven rack and preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Place chicken in a sauté pan, add water, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes and remove from pan; let cool slightly. When chicken is cool enough to handle, shred using two forks, one in each hand.
- While chicken is simmering, wash and scrub potatoes with a clean vegetable brush under running water and slit each one lengthwise about 1-inch deep.
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Slice each potato in half length-wise, scoop out potato, leaving a 1/4 inch shell. Mash potato together with hot pepper sauce, sour cream, margarine, and milk. Fold in blue cheese and shredded chicken.
- Spoon mixture into potato skins slightly denting center (to hold fresh toppings after baking).
- Place filled potato skins on a 9×13″ baking sheet and bake about 15-20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Dice tomatoes and green onions. Cut celery stalks into four inch sticks.
- To serve, top potatoes with onions and tomatoes. Serve celery sticks on the side for scooping potato contents.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of non-fat milk and apple slices.