- 1 medium red or green bell pepper
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 large tomato
- 1 (4-ounce) chunk part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 whole grain English muffins
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 12 (2-inch-diameter) turkey Pepperoni slices
- Baking sheet
- Box grater
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Large skillet
- Measuring spoons
- Medium bowl
- Sharp knife
- Small bowl
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse bell pepper, mushrooms, and tomato.
- Remove core and cut pepper into thin slices. Slice mushrooms ¼-inch thick. Remove core and dice tomato into ¼-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, grate cheese.
- Split English muffins in half. Place them on a baking sheet. Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Prepare sauce while muffins cook.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add peppers and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. If needed, use a colander to drain vegetables.
- Transfer veggies to a medium bowl. Add tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Stir spices into tomato sauce. Do this directly in the can.
- When muffins are lightly browned, spoon 1 Tablespoon sauce over each muffin half. Coat evenly.
- Layer veggies evenly over sauce. If using pepperoni, place one slice on each muffin half. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake muffins until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 6–8 minutes.
- Let pizzas cool for 2 minutes before serving.