1 cup pineapple chunks (8 ounce can)
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 banana (medium, peeled and sliced)
1 pear (sliced in cubes)
2 peaches (sliced in cubes)
- Drain the juice from the canned pineapple into a small saucepan.
- Stir in orange juice and cornstarch. Blend until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Let the juice mix cool to room temperature.
- While the juice mix is cooling, peel and slice the banana. Wash the pear and peaches and cut them into cubes.
- Pour the cooled juice mix into a large bowl. Add the pieces of pineapple, banana, pear, and peaches. Stir together.
You can serve this compote in serving dishes, or over frozen yogurt or waffles.