4 portabella mushrooms (3-inch diameter)
3 large eggs
6 egg whites from 6 eggs
1/2 cup bread crumbs (whole-wheat if available)
1/4 cup nonfat milk
1 teaspoon low-sodium garlic & herb blend
1 cup cooked and drained, chopped, frozen spinach
1/4 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, divided
- Place oven rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Remove portabella stems; wipe clean with damp paper towel.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, and place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients, except 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Coat 10-inch non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium flame.
- Cook and scramble egg mixture until it just starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Using a large spoon, scoop partially cooked, hot egg mixture into portabella caps.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with strawberries and orange slices (or other fresh, frozen, or canned fruit), water with lime or lemon slice/wedge.