- 3 green onions
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (15½-ounce) can black beans, no salt added
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- ⅓ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Box grater
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium skillet
- Paper towel
- Rubber spatula
- Sharp knife
- Small bowl
- Rinse green onions and bell pepper. Peel garlic clove.
- Slice green onions. Remove core and dice bell pepper. Mince garlic.
- If using fresh cilantro, rinse and chop leaves now.
- Grate cheese.
- In a colander, drain and rinse beans.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add beans, green onions, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until peppers are soft, about 3 minutes. Add ½ teaspoon ground cumin and black pepper. Transfer mixture to a plate.
- In a small bowl, crack eggs. Add remaining ¼ teaspoon cumin. Beat mixture lightly with a fork.
- Wipe out skillet with a paper towel. Coat with non-stick cooking spray. Heat at medium-low. Add egg mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are as firm as you like, about 3–5 minutes. If using cilantro, add now.
- Spoon egg mixture into the center of each tortilla, dividing evenly. Add beans and veggies. Sprinkle cheese on top. If using yogurt, add a dollop to each tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over mixture and serve.