This delicious bean salad is easy to prepare. For best flavor, cover and refrigerate one hour to allow flavors to mingle. We know it’s hard to be so patient, but it really is better this way.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Colander or strainer
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, currants, or dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 scallions or ¼ small red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup black or green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 bunch flat-leaf spinach or one 5-ounce bag of baby spinach
Put all the ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
Cover and refrigerate at least one hour to let the flavors mingle. You may store refrigerated up to two days.
*Garbanzo beans are also called chickpeas.
*”Pitted” means with the pits removed.