2 cups water (boiling)
1 package gelatin (8 serving size, cherry, sugar-free)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 can pineapple chunks (20 oz., in juice, not drained)
2 cans 11 ounce cans of mandarin orange (in light syrup, drained)
16 ice cubes (large)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Pour boiling water into a large bowl. Add the gelatin and cinnamon to boiling water. Stir for at least 2 minutes until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Add enough ice (or cold water) to the juice to measure 1 1/2 cups. Add the gelatin mixture and stir until the ice is completely melted.
- Refrigerate for about 45 minutes or until the gelatin is slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg white).
- Reserve 1/4 cup each of the pineapple and orange. Add remaining pineapple and oranges to the gelatin. Pour into 1 1/2 quart serving bowl.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with reserved pineapple and oranges.