2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 1/2 pounds carrot
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons sugar
- Peel the carrots. Cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Melt the margarine in a heavy saucepan on low heat.
- Add the carrots. Stir to coat them with the margarine.
- Add the water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain the water.
- Add the sugar.
- Cover the pan.
- Shake the pan back and forth on the burner for 1 minute.
- Cook for 1 more minute, until the carrots are glazed but not brown.