3 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, drained (2 – 15 ounce cans; save 2 Tablespoons of the liquid)
2 cups apples (peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces )
6 teaspoons brown sugar (2 Tablespoons, packed)
1/3 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts or any other type)
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted (unsalted)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Put sweet potatoes in baking dish.
3. Add apples.
4. Pour 2 Tablespoons of the sweet potato liquid over the mixture.
5. Mix brown sugar, nuts, flour, and melted butter together in a small bowl.
6. Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato/apple mix.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and bubbly.