It might seem weird to add avocado to a smoothie, but trust us: it’s the secret ingredient that turns this fruit shake into a creamy-dreamy treat.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Citrus squeezer (if you have one)
Blender (adult needed)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 2 small apples, cored and diced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cold water or ice cubes
- 1⁄2 overripe banana
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon, lime, or orange juice
Put all the ingredients in the blender.
Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30-60 seconds.
Divide the smoothie equally between 2 glasses and serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
- Add 2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter or 2 tablespoons toasted chopped nuts
- Add 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes