- 2 large ripe mangoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 medium green onions
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper
- 2 medium limes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 medium bell pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Medium bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Sharp knife
- Rinse mangoes, cucumber, green onions, jalapeño pepper, limes, and bell pepper, if using.
- Peel mangoes. Cut mango flesh from the pits.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. If using bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds.
- Dice mangoes, cucumber, and bell pepper, if using. Finely chop green onions.
- Cut jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds and dice.
- If using, rinse and chop cilantro.
- Cut limes in half. Squeeze juice from each half into a medium bowl. Discard seeds.
- Add mangoes, cucumber, green onions, jalapeño, salt, and cayenne pepper to bowl with juice. If using, add bell pepper and cilantro. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.