1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil (extra virgin or virgin)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 12 oz, diced into 1 inch cubes)
2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1/2 medium red bell pepper (cut into 3/4″ squares)
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cup raisins
2 cups instant whole-grain rice
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan.
- With heat on medium-high, place chicken in pan and cover with lid.
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Gently mix in raisins, rice, and curry powder; bring to boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer until rice is done; fluff with fork and let sit 3-5 minutes before serving.
Serving Suggestions: Add a side salad with light dressing and an 8 oz glass of fat-free milk.
Time Saving Ideas: Purchase sliced mushrooms, fresh or frozen bell pepper strips, and pre-cooked, diced chicken.