2 cups carrot (raw, chopped or any of your favorite raw veggies)
2 1/2 cups celery (raw, chopped or any of your favorite raw veggies)
8 cans tuna, in water (6.5 ounce light, drained and flaked)
1 can white beans (15 ounces, or your favorite beans)
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated)
1/4 cup vinegar (or juice of 2 lemons)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon dried dill (or 1 tablespoon fresh dill)
1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- Wash and trim vegetables. Chop into bite size pieces. Place in large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, dill (or other herbs), garlic and oil. Pour over vegetables.
- Drain and rinse beans. Break up tuna into smaller chunks.
- Combine vegetables, beans and tuna; toss gently.
- Marinate salad overnight to combine flavors.
- Chill and serve as a light summer lunch or as a picnic side dish.
- Use salad to fill a pita for a crunchy sandwich.
- Serve on fresh, washed leafy lettuce.
- Add cooked rice or pasta.
- Try balsamic vinegar or ½ cup of your favorite salad dressing.
- Be creative and try different herbs and veggie combinations!