8 tablespoons sugar (divided)
2 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
1 cup bran flakes
1 cup skim milk
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine 2 Tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine 6 Tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl. Whisk pumpkin, egg and vanilla into cereal.
- Fold in dry mixture; being careful not to over mix. Spoon into prepared pan and sprinkle with pecans and sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Learn more about