1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 medium)
31 ounces can white or yellow hominy, drained and rinsed, or 2 cans (15.5 ounces each)
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles, drained
1 cup nonfat sour cream
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet). Add onion and cook until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in hominy, green chiles, sour cream, chili powder and pepper. Add half of the cheese and mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium (300 degrees F in an electric skillet). Cover and cook until heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cover and cook until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Try with different types of grated or crumbled cheese.