6 sweet, mini bell peppers
8 lettuce leaves
1 cup instant brown rice (dry)
1 pound tilapia filets, fresh or frozen (thawed)
2 teaspoons Southwest chipotle seasoning (no sodium)
2 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 limes (divided)
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Slice peppers in half vertically. Arrange lettuce and 8 pepper halves on a serving platter.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- To make salsa fresca, dice remaining pepper halves, tomato, and onion; mix with corn, garlic, and jalapeño pepper, and ¼ tsp salt.
- Sprinkle both sides of tilapia filets with Southwest chipotle seasoning.
- Heat 1½ tbsp canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side (cook fish until it is opaque, 145 ºF). Flake with a fork and place in a serving dish.
- When rice is done, stir in remaining ½ tbsp oil, juice from one lime, and ¼ tsp salt. Cut remaining lime into wedges.
- To serve, set out pepper-lettuce platter, rice, fish, salsa fresca, sour cream, and lime, and let diners build their own boats and wraps
Serving Suggestion: Serve with an 8 oz glass of fat-free (skim) milk. Substitute brown rice with another quick cooking grain, such as whole-wheat couscous if desired.