6 cups chicken broth (low-sodium)
1 cup chicken (cooked)
1 cup rice (uncooked)
1 3/4 cups vegetables (fresh chopped, such as potatoes, carrots, celery, or cabbage)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon parsley (dried)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Use leftover cooked chicken, or cook enough chicken to make 1 cup of chicken pieces.
- Place the cooked chicken in a large saucepan.
- Add the broth and uncooked rice. Cover the pan.
- Bring the broth and rice to a boil.
- Cover the pan, and turn the heat to low.
- Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped onions, chopped vegetables, and seasonings.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.