1 cup pasta (uncooked whole wheat, small, such as macaroni or rotelle)
6 cups romaine lettuce (well washed and torn, or spinach)
2 cups vegetables (fresh, green pepper, celery, cauliflower florets, cucumber, carrots chopped)
2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked skinless chicken (1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken)
1/2 cup Italian dressing (lowfat)
1 egg (hard cooked, optional)
1/4 cup cheese (shredded, or cheese crumbles)
1. Wash hands.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and cool.
3. Place 1½ cups of the romaine in each of 4 large bowls or plates.
4. Combine chopped vegetables, chicken and pasta.
5. Add dressing; toss lightly to coat. Divide evenly among the 4 bowls.
6. Top each serving with a few egg slices, if desired, and 1 Tablespoon of the shredded cheese.
Learn more about:
– Bell Peppers