2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
3 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
1/2 cup fat-free yogurt (plain)
4 dried apricots
4 dried figs or dates
1/4 cup pecans
8 stalks celery
- Chop dried fruit and pecans.
- Mix blue cheese, cream cheese, and yogurt with a fork or hand mixer until smooth.
- Stir in chopped, dried fruit and pecans. Refrigerate spread until ready for use.
- Slice celery stalks into 3-4 inch sticks.
- Fill celery pieces with spread.
Tips on how to select, store, and serve celery:
- Choose straight, rigid celery stalks with fresh leaves. Avoid pithy, woody, or limp stalks
- Refrigerate in a plastic bag for a week or more.
- Add chopped celery stalks and celery leaves to your soups, stews, and casseroles for extra nutrition, flavor, and crunch.
- Add diced celery to your favorite tuna, chicken, egg, or vegetable salad recipe for extra texture.
- Cut-up celery for a flavorful addition to healthy stir-fry dishes.