Chili and spice seasoning give this seafood stew a punch of flavor. Serve it with brown rice for added whole grains.
2 potatoes (medium)
1 can tomatoes, cut up (14.5 oz)
1 cup onion (chopped)
1 cup clam juice (8-oz bottle, or water)
1 cup water
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 head of cabbage (coarsely chopped)
1 pound catfish fillets
green onion (sliced, as needed)
1 1/2 Chili and Spice Seasoning servings (1 1/2 Tablespoons)
2 cups rice, white (or brown, cooked)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- In large pot, combine potatoes, tomatoes and their juice, onion, clam juice, water, and garlic. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Cook covered over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage and return to boil. Reduce heat. Cook covered over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut fillets into 2-inch lengths. Coat with Chili and Spice Seasoning.
- Add fish to vegetables. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve in soup plates. Garnish with sliced green onion, if desired. Serve with scoop of hot cooked rice.
*Reduce the sodium by using low- or no-added-sodium canned tomatoes.