8 ounces lasagna noodles (or 4 cups of any other type of pasta, uncooked)
1 ricotta cheese, part-skim 15 ounces (or cottage cheese)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 1/4 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 jar spaghetti sauce, low-sodium (24 ounces)
1 package frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry (10 ounces, or chopped broccoli)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, part-skim shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook the noodles as directed on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese), 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Spray a large skillet well with cooking spray. Do NOT place skillet on heat until all ingredients are in skillet.
- Spread half of the jar of sauce in skillet. Top with half the cooked noodles (4 lasagna noodles).
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Top with half the spinach or broccoli.
- Sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese over the vegetables.
- Repeat with the remaining noodles, the remaining cheese mixture, the remaining vegetables, the remaining sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan cheese. Cover.
- Turn on the stove top to medium-low until the cheese is melted (approximately 20 minutes). Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3 to 5 days.
Thaw spinach in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave on low power. Once thawed, wrap the spinach in a clean towel, and twist to wring out the water.
Learn more about: