This quick one skillet casserole dish of beans, bell peppers, tomatoes, and oregano uses instant brown rice to reduce cooking time.
1 onion (medium, chopped)
1/2 green pepper (diced)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 can stewed tomatoes, low-sodium (14.5 ounces)
1 can black beans or beans of your choice (16 ounces)
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 cups brown rice (instant, uncooked)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Saute onion and green pepper in canola oil, in a large pan, until tender. Do not brown.
- Add tomatoes, beans (include liquid from both), oregano, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and cover.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
Learn more about: