1 pound beef (top round)
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/8 teaspoon mustard (dry)
8 potatoes (red-skinned, halved)
3 cups onions (finey chopped)
2 cups beef broth
2 garlic cloves (large, minced)
2 carrots (large, peeled, cut into very thin 2 1/2 inch strips)
4 cups kale (1 bunch)
non-stick cooking spray
1. Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8 inch thick and 3 inches wide.
2. Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
3. Spray a large heavy skillet nonstick cooking spray. Preheat pan over high heat.
4. Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
5. Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
6. Stir in carrots, lay greens over top and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve in large serving bowl, with crusty bread for dunking.
Learn more about: