3/4 cup chunky salsa (or Pico De Gallo)
1 can 15.5 ounce low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 cups shredded reduced-fat Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
4 8 inch flour tortillas
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Using a small-hole strainer, drain liquid from salsa; discard liquid.
2. Transfer leftover tomato mixture to a medium bowl.
3. Mix in black beans, cheese, and cilantro until combined.
4. Divide black bean mixture evenly over half of each tortilla (about 1/2 cup each).
5. Fold tortillas in half.
6. Heat large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Brush with oil.
8. Place filled tortillas on a griddle.
9. Cook, carefully flipping once, until tortillas are gold brown and crisp and cheese filling melts, about 5 minutes.
10. Cut quesadillas into wedges.
– Serves 8 as a side dish
– Serving suggestions: For a wholesome dinner, serve with Tasty Lemon and Herb Chicken, Brown Rice with Vegetables, and a piece of fruit for dessert.