2 cups kidney beans (canned, low-sodium)
1 tablespoon vinegar
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon cumin (ground)
2 tablespoons onion (2 teaspoon, finely chopped)
1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain the kidney beans, but save the liquid in a small bowl
- Place the beans, vinegar, chili powder and cumin in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add enough saved bean liquid to make the dip easy to spread.
- Stir in the chopped onion and grated cheese.
- Store in a tightly covered container and place in the fridge
- Serve with raw vegetable sticks or crackers.
If you don’t have a blender, you can mix the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl and mash with a fork. Then stir in the onion and cheese.
You can store this dip in the fridge for up to 4 or 5 days.
Learn more about onions.