2 cups cooked turkey (cut into bite-size pieces, or 2 cups ground turkey, browned in a skillet and drained)
2 tablespoons taco seasoning (chili)
1 1/2 cups water
4 corn tortillas
1/4 cup refried beans (low-fat or fat-free)
1/4 cup Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (shredded, low-fat)
1/2 cup tomatoes (chopped)
1/2 cup lettuce (shredded)
2 tablespoons onion (chopped)
8 tablespoons taco sauce (1/2 cup)
plain yogurt (low-fat or fat-free optional)
guacamole (or mashed avacado optional)
1. Wash and prepare vegetables.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine turkey, taco seasoning, and water.
3. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Place tortillas on a cooking sheet. Bake at 375° for 4-7 minutes or until tortillas are crispy.
5. Spread tortillas with a tablespoon of beans. Top with 1/4 meat mixture and cheese.
6. Return tortillas to oven to cook for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
7. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and taco sauce. Garnish with yogurt and guacamole, if desired.
Recipe analysis includes light meat turkey without skin.
Learn more about: