4 cups water
2 packages ramen-style noodles (3 ounces each)
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into strips
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger)
2 carrots, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
1/2 head cabbage, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in a 2 to 3 quart saucepan. Add noodles, cover, and remove from heat (do not add flavor packets). Wait one minute, drain noodles and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, soy sauce and 1/2 cup water. Heat over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet). Add chicken and cook until no longer pink when cut, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add red pepper, ginger, and carrots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cabbage and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Stir in green onion, cooked noodles and peanut sauce. Toss and serve right away.
- To avoid peanuts or peanut butter, try this stir-fry with sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter.
Learn more about: