Sazón means “seasoning” in Spanish. This mix of herbs and spices is a classic addition to Arroz con Pollo, but it can be sprinkled on anything from eggs to black bean soup to grilled fish. You can buy sazón at most supermarkets, but our version tastes fresher. For gift-giving, double this recipe to make three 1⁄2-cup gift portions.
Small lidded jars
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Put all the ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
Divide the mixture into jars, cover, and keep at room temperature for up to 1 year.