1 cup skinless cooked chicken (diced into 1/2 inch pieces)
1 can 15.5 ounce low-sodium white beans (drained and rinsed with cold water)
1 cucumber (peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces)
1/4 red or white onion (peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon dried basil or parsley leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put everything in the bowl and gently toss.
- Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- 2 (5-ounce) cans of tuna in water can be used instead of chicken.
- Great Northern, chickpeas, cannellini, or navy beans can be used.
- Add ½ cup chopped fresh tomatoes.