1 pound ground beef
1 can (about 15 ounces) low-sodium cream style corn
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tablespoons dried egg mix (or 1 egg) (or 1 egg)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large pan, cook ground beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain fat.
- Add corn, onions, and garlic to pan, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add water, cornmeal, egg mix, salt, and pepper to the beef mixture. Stir well and cook for 15 minutes.
- Use a large iron skillet or loaf pan. Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. Form beef and cornmeal mixture into a loaf in a pan.
- Cover pan with an oven-safe lid or foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Tip for cooking ground beef: The recommended safe minimum internal temperature for ground beef is 160 degrees F, as measured with a food thermometer.