1 cup yellow corn meal
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup yogurt, low-fat lemon (about 6 oz)
2 teaspoons lemon peel (finely grated)
1 tablespoon oil
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup non-fat milk
3 egg whites
non-stick cooking spray
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix first five ingredients together in mixing bowl.
3. Combine yogurt, lemon peel, oil, egg yolk and milk together and stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
4. Whip egg whites with mixer until stiff. Fold into corn meal mixture.
5. Pour into round 9-inch cake pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until corn cake tests done.
7. For optional lemon glaze: Over low heat blend lemon juice together with powdered sugar. Pierce cake top repeatedly with fork. Slowly pour glaze evenly over the top.
Learn more about lemons.