16 cups chopped collards (small leaves)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 large garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning
- Cut bottom stems from collards.
- Wash and cut collards into bite-sized pieces. Place in colander to drain.
- Chop garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Place olive oil into large skillet. Place on high heat to start.
- Place collards in skillet. Keep on high heat, turning collards as they saute, about 1 minute in the uncovered skillet. (You will not need to add water because of the water already on the washed collards.)
- Add garlic cloves and red pepper flakes.
- Place cover on the skillet to allow collards to steam until they are half their original volume.
- Turn heat to low and continue steaming until the collards are tender.