4 potatoes (baking, peeled and cut in chunks, about 2 pounds)
1 can garbanzo beans (15 ounce, drained)
1/2 cup milk, non-fat (or fortified soy milk)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
black pepper (to taste)
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Place the potatoes in a large sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the garbanzo beans 10 minutes after potatoes start cooking. Continue cooking until potatoes are fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain water and place the sauce pan back on the stove. Mash the beans and potatoes using a potato masher or hand beaters.
- Add the milk, cheese and seasonings.
- Reheat if necessary. Serve hot.
Learn more about potatoes.