You can make this colorful two-bean salad without the tuna, if you prefer, or, for those more daring, add canned salmon or sardines.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups (15-ounce can) cooked white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh green beans, ends snapped off, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1⁄3 cup Creamy Vinaigrette
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna, drained (if you like)
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix gently. Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
Here is the recipe for Creamy Vinaigrette.
Try adding any or all of the following:
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, cilantro, or basil leaves
- 4 scallions, greens and whites, chopped