2 1/4 cups cake flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons margarine (soft tub)
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon orange (peel)
3/4 cup skim milk (fat free)
cooking spray (for cake pan)
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2. Grease with small amount of cooking oil or use non-stick cooking oil spray on a 10-inch round pan (at least 2 1/2 inches high). Powder pan with flour. Tap out excess flour.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until soft and creamy.
5. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and orange peel.
6. Gradually add the flour mixture alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
7. Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until done. Let cake cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before icing.
1. Cream together cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add cocoa. Blend well.
2. Slowly add sugar until icing is smooth. Mix in vanilla.
3. Smooth icing over top and sides of cooled cake.