- 1 lime
- mint leaves (5 optional)
- Wash all produce.
- Collect, slice*, and measure all ingredients before starting to prepare the recipe.
- Add all ingredients plus enough cold water to a fill a 2-quart pitcher. Chill overnight in the refrigerator for the most flavor, and store in the refrigerator until ready to drink. The fruit will stay fresh in the water for up to 48 hours after being prepared.
- After you drink the water, you can eat the fruit or blend it into a smoothie!
Try these refreshing flavor combinations, or create your own!
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 lime
- 5 mint leaves (optional)
Cucumber Lemon (or Lime)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 lemon or lime
- 1 cup canned diced pineapple
- Pineapple juice from can
- 1 cup grapes
Berry Kiwi (or Orange)
- 10 strawberries or blackberries
- 1 kiwi or 1 orange
*Tips for releasing flavors of the produce:
- Watermelon: Cut into small pieces (1 to 2 inches).
- Citrus fruit (oranges, lemons, limes): Remove rinds, and slice into thin pieces.
- Cucumber: Slice into thin pieces.
- Mint: Tear leaves.
- Grapes: Slice in half.
- Berries: Remove top (strawberries only). Slice into small pieces.
- Kiwi: Remove peel, and slice into thin pieces.
Cost and Nutrition analysis provided for Watermelon Lime Water.