12 ounces chicken breast (pre-sliced)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 green onions (sliced)
1 large yellow bell pepper, cut in strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
16 cherry tomatoes
1 10-oz package European blend salad greens
1 1/2 cups whole grain croutons (about 24 croutons)
fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth; set aside. (Note: vinaigrette can be made ahead and refrigerated.)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Sauté chicken until cooked thoroughly; remove from pan, and let cool.
- Slice onions.
- Toss cut vegetables with European blend salad greens.
- On individual serving plates, top salad with chicken and croutons, drizzle with dressing, and finish with fresh ground pepper, if desired.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with fruit, non-fat milk, and whole grain bread.