3 1/2 cups green enchilada sauce (28 oz can)
1 can pinto beans, low-sodium (15.5 ounce, drained and rinsed)
3 cups brown rice, cooked
1 can corn, low-sodium (drained, 15.2 ounce or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn)
12 corn tortillas, 6″ across
10 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, reduced-fat (2 1/2 cups shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain and rinse the beans and corn (if using canned corn).
- Collect and measure all ingredients before starting to prepare the recipe.
- In a large bowl, mix enchilada sauce, beans, cooked rice, and corn.
- Place half of mixture on the bottom of a 9 inch x 13 inch pan or split it between two 9 inch square or round pans.
- Spread the corn tortillas evenly over the mixture. Place remaining mixture on top of tortillas.
- Top mixture with cheeese, and cover with foil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3 to 5 days.
Cook rice according to package directions.
If you made two pans, you can freeze one of them before baking. Double-wrap in foil and it will keep for up to 1 month in the freezer.