1/2 cup milk, non-fat (or buttermilk)
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup cornflakes, crumbled
1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons hot pepper (dried crushed)
1 teaspoon ginger (ground)
4 chicken breasts, skinless
4 chicken drumsticks, skinless
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (to grease baking pan)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning and all other spices (except paprika) with cornflake crumbs and place in a plastic bag.
- Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
- Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away form the bone with a fork. The drumsticks may require less baking time than the breasts. Crumbs will form a crispy “skin.” (Do not turn chicken during baking.)