vegetable oil spray
4 ounces spaghetti, whole wheat uncooked
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 red bell pepper, medium (thinly sliced)
1 green bell pepper, medium (thinly sliced)
1 onion, medium (chopped)
2 cups cooked chicken breast, skinless and diced (cooked without salt, about 8 ounces)
1 can tomatoes, diced undrained (14.5 ounces) (low sodium )
1 can cream of chicken soup (reduced sodium (10.75 ounces))
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, reduced fat shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded or grated)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Prepare the spaghetti using the package directions, omitting the salt and oil. Drain well in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the bell peppers and onion for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients, including the spaghetti. Pour into a baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is warmed through and light golden brown on top.
Learn more about: