2/3 pound ground beef (90% lean)
1 bell pepper, large (chopped)
1 onion, large (chopped)
6 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 can diced tomatoes, low-sodium (14.5 ounces)
1 3/4 cups green salsa (or enchilada sauce, 1-16 ounce jar)
1 can pinto or kidney beans (rinsed and drained, 15 ounces)
- Place meat, bell pepper, tomatoes, and onion in large sauce pan, . Heat on medium 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until the meat is browned; drain fat.
- Add garlic, chili powder and cumin, cook until fragrant (15 seconds).
- Stir in salsa and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer; cover and cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and cook until heated.
Learn more about:
– Bell Peppers